Monday, December 12, 2011

Love at First Sight

Out of everything with having little Ash join our family, the thing that worried me the most was Chiara's reaction to the new baby.  The night before he came I spent a few uneasy hours thinking over how to introduce them and what I would do if she was jealous about the baby.
Here's what happened:




Instant baby love.  Chiara hasn't been jealous of the baby one minute.  She loves him and the minute she saw him she demanded to hold "my baby Asher".  In fact, the only problem she has had with the baby is sharing him with her aunts (sometimes they want to hold him when she still considers it her turn).  To give Asher his due, he is very patient with all the loving and hardly bats an eye at being held, hugged, and handled.  Actually, when he sits in his seat in the car next to her if he gets fussy she holds his hand and he calms down.The most awesome thing of all is they don't wake each other up.  They are immune to each other's cry and can sleep right through.  Nifty huh?  Every day Chiara tells me "I love my baby Asher"  and "Awww my Asher's SOOO cute".
I really think they are going to be best friends. And that makes me tear up a little.

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet sister. that smile on her face os priceless. I am so glad she has a baby to cuddle and love and introduce to the world. You are such a blessed mother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at that smile! So precious. She's adorable, and so is baby Asher (love the name, by the way).

    ReplyDelete



blogger template by lovebird